Are you 16-25? Want to learn new skills?
The Princes Trust has launched the Get Started with Art programme, delivered in partnership with PAPERarts, which is aimed at young people who are 16-25 and not engaged in education, employment or training.
Meet new people and develop your artistic talents on this week long programme where you will:
- Gain an industry-recognised Bronze Arts Award
- Meet inspiring local artists to learn new skills and share ideas
- Interactive art workshops to develop various techniques including Illustration, Stencilling,
- and Painting
- Create an illustrative journal throughout the week using a range of methods
- Work as a group to prepare, brand and market your own art exhibition event for an invited
- audience at the end of the programme
- Travel will be reimbursed and lunch provided.
- Receive 3 months progression support
- In Partnership with the Princes Trust
If you are interested, come along to the Taster Day on Tuesday 16th May, 2:00pm – 5:00pm
Interested young people will be invited to attend a taster day on Tuesday 16th May if they are Prince’s Trust eligible. Each young person will be made aware of timings when booked on. Once invited, each young person will be given specific details*
* Attending the Taster day does not guarantee a place on the course. The Taster day forms part of our recruitment process, allowing the young person to find out more about the course, and in conjunction with The Prince’s Trust, to decide if the course is suitable.
The programme itself runs from Monday 22nd – Friday 26th May
Times are likely to be 10.00am-4.00pm, and will be based at Redbrick House, 6 York Court, Wilder Street, St Pauls, Bristol BS2 8QH
If you are a young person interested in attending click here
If you know a young person that is interested in art you can refer them here